Thursday, April 21, 2016

French Exterior ARCHITECTURAL Embellishment



When I found this vintage, French brass stamping, I thought it looked a lot like a exterior architectural embellishment for over a window or a door (in 1: 12 scale). It is exactly 8 cm. long. It reminded me of so many of the buildings Linda Carswell has taken pictures of on her blog. http://une-petite-folie.blogspot.com/

I am thinking about making a mold of it and casting several of them. Not that I am planning on making a French house. It is just that I have never see French architectural embellishment pieces for buildings. There are three holes that have been drilled in the piece but that is very easy to fix.

Would anyone be interested? Let me know what you think.

Must remember to check... spell check. hahaha



Spring is busy. There is always a lot to do around here as the weather warms up. The garden always needs attention in the spring. I have been busy planting things and doing some minor repairs.

A new piece of petit point is almost finished.


20 comments:

  1. While we were emailing back and forth, I only thought of this as an exterior detail.....but it would look GORGEOUS as an interior detail, perhaps even inset with some lovely wall panelling.....now I'm getting excited....😳
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I am just going to try it on a board with scratch made french window.

      Delete
  2. ......spell check gets me every time....😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is no secret to anyone who reads my blog that my spelling can be somewhat...creative! haha I copy and paste my posts into blogger. AOL just "corrects" my spelling. Most of the time it's a good thing. hahaha

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous find. It would be very desireable as an addition on a French house. I'm sure if you make some castings, they will fly out the door. Can't wait to see your next petit point.
    Cheers, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda.

      I only bought that finding because I thought someone might want to use it on a house. I have ordered all the things I need to pull a mold and cast new pieces.

      Delete
  4. It is so typical of you and your kind heart that you see something and buy it because you think someone else may need it.
    It would look fantastic as an architectural detail or even the top of a very ornate mirror frame.=0)X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pepper. I am looking forward to the test piece I'm planning.

      Delete
  5. Una pieza muy bonita.
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your brass finding is BEAUTIFUL Catherine. Were you thinking about casting it in plaster, resin or metal?

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to use epoxy putty. It is as strong as it gets. So if someone bumped it, it would laugh!

      Delete
  7. Very nice piece, it's beautiful. Your scratch built French window is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. We will see how it looks. ;-)

      Delete
  8. Dear Catherine,
    How thoughtful of you to think of other miniaturists! I would love to have one of the beautiful french findings, if still available.
    Hugs, sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi,

    I would be very happy to make you some. How many do you want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely of you! I would love two.
      Love and hugs, Sandi

      Delete
    2. OK... You sure don't want many though. haha

      Delete
  10. Beautiful find: it makes me also think of many Italian Baroque interior, so I see it well in an important hall ... Make room for imagination! How nice that you offer to get copies for the needy ;-) Let's invade the (doll's)world with the stucco!
    Love from me,
    Flora

    ReplyDelete
  11. We will see how they cast. I should have a few tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete